Thank you for your interest in Common Ground Summer Camps!
Before applying for Financial Aid, please take the time to review this important information.
It is our desire that no child misses out on our camp adventure due to financial concerns. Thanks to the generous support of individuals and organizations who share this desire, we are able to offer financial aid to families in need.
About Financial Aid
- Financial Aid is intended to offset a portion of the registration fee. However, those families that exhibit extreme circumstances may be considered for a full scholarship.
- All applications will be considered based on need regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or religion.
- To be considered, all applications must be entirely and accurately completed. Common Ground may request additional documents to verify income.
- To be considered, we encourage your family to complete the application as soon as you can. Once we’ve depleted the financial support Common Ground has been given, we unfortunately have no more.
- Applications will be reviewed and families will be notified one week after the last submission date of the group’s date range. Please refer to the dates below.
- If you are awarded Financial Aid, you will have two weeks from the decision date to accept the award by completing the online registration for your children who are attending camp. Please refer to the dates below.
- At the time of registration, you will be responsible for paying the remaining camp fees.
April 6 – April 13
April 14 – May 5
May 6 – May 27
Example: If John Johnson submits an application on April 6th. His application will be reviewed and he will be notified via email on 4/20. He will then have until 5/4 to register his children for camp.
- If children are not registered within the above-mentioned time frame, the family has forfeited their awarded aid and will need to reapply for financial aid.
- If children are registered for camp and they are unable to attend, you must notify Common Ground no later than 14 business days before their scheduled week starts so that the award can be transferred to another family.
- If children are registered for camp and do not show up, the you may forfeit their ability to be awarded financial aid in the future.
Before applying it is important to take time to reflect on and prepare the following:
- How many children are you applying for?
- How many total weeks are you applying for?
- How much can your family pay for each week of camp you’re applying for? For example, Earth Camp costs $210 per week, my family can pay $195 per week.
- What is your 2020 Gross Annual Household Income?
There is a non-refundable $10 application fee.