Connecting Kids with Nature for 25 Years
We look forward to celebrating 25 years of summer camp at Common Ground with you in 2021!
Earth Camp is a fun, exciting, and educational summer day camp for children ages 6-15. Kids enjoy time outdoors while learning about themselves, others, and the environment. Each week features a unique environmental theme, ranging from wildlife studies to river and watershed exploration. Memories are made as campers enjoy experiences like hiking, river walking, team building activities, art, music, drama, and more.
Earth Camp Weekly Descriptions
Kick-off summer in the great outdoors with camp favorites. Hiking, Gaga ball, river exploration, art and more.
Trees are everywhere and Common Ground is full of them! Campers will have the opportunity to learn all about the trees that surround them every day and participate in our Tree Climbing Adventure provided by Common Ground Facilitators.
Use your imagination, senses, and curiosity to explore the earth around us. This week you will be challenged to increase your awareness of yourself, each other, the world around you, and how we’re all interconnected through interactive, environmentally focused activities.
Explore the east branch of the Vermilion River that runs through Common Ground. “Go with the flow” while taking river walks and interacting with “critters” that make the river their home. Learn about the awesome power of the river and the role it plays in our lives.
Bugs, bugs, everywhere! Did you know that bugs outnumber us 200 million to one? Interact with these creepy crawly creatures in their natural habitat on our 30-acre property. Come live a day in the life of your favorite insect!
Inquire, investigate, and discover amazing plants and animals that are indigenous to Northeast Ohio. Explore the many habitats that are on our 30 acres through interactive, hands-on activities and nature hiking.
Ever wondered what it would be like to live in the wilderness? Learn about surviving in the wild and the basics of finding your way when lost. Become your own survivalist utilizing your outdoor living skills! Solar pizza anyone?
We’re taking the BEST songs, games, and crazy activities from our first five weeks and smashing them together for one incredible week. This summer’s going to end with a bang!
Earth Camp Fees
Weeks 1 and 3-7: $210 per week
Weeks 2 and 8 (Trees, Trees and More Trees and Best of the Best): $220 per week
Bus Transportation: $35 per week
Camp begins at 9:00 am and ends at 3:00 pm Monday – Friday.
What’s new in 2021?
- We’re reducing capacity by 20% to allow for proper distancing on occasions that require us to be in a sheltered area.
- While we realize protocols are changing, all campers and staff are required to wear a mask when indoors.
- When campers are outdoors engaged in activity and socially distanced, masks are optional.
- We will check temperatures of all campers upon arrival and prior to getting on the bus.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing will take place throughout camp.
- Children will be placed into small groups with their counselor and will stay together throughout the day, with limited interaction with other groups, to minimize exposure.
- We will not visit Splash Zone on or host a camp cookout on Fridays, but rest assured, we will still have a blast while staying at Common Ground.
- Bus riders will be required to wear a mask and social distance throughout their ride.
Check out our Parent Resource Page!
Apply for Financial Aid.
Email us at email@example.com or call 440-965-5551