Thursday, September 21, 8 am – 8 pm
Created by the Community Foundation of Lorain County, Connect to a Cause is a community-wide day of giving created to support local more than 90 non-profit organizations in Lorain County. At the heart of Connect to a Cause is a 12-hour crowdfunding campaign, held on September 21, 2023, where you can donate directly to non-profit organizations that align with your values and interests.
- Our Cause: At Common Ground, we believe in the power of experiences to foster exploration, learning, and growth in both youth and adults. We envision a world where communities thrive on empathy, self-awareness, and a deep appreciation for our connection to the world around us and one another.
- Our Values Drive Us: Community, mindfulness, adventure, learning, responsibility, and nature are the pillars that uphold our programs. From our nature immersive summer camps for youth, to our top-rated zipline canopy tour that offers a thrilling experience, and team building workshops that encourage collaboration – every experience at Common Ground plants the seeds of growth and connection.
- Your Support, Our Growth: We are very grateful for your support of Common Ground. As a nonprofit, we rely on the generosity of kind-hearted individuals like you to keep our mission alive. Your contribution is more than a donation; it’s an investment in the future of our youth and our communities.
- Here’s How You Can Make a Difference: We are grateful to once again be a part of Connect to a Cause, a 12-hour crowdfunding campaign hosted by the Community Foundation of Lorain County. On September 21, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Why should I donate?
Supporting our endowment fund with the Community Foundation will help position us for growth and sustainability for years to come. Your donation, no matter the size, has a profound impact. It’s a step towards creating a world where exploration, learning and growth is not just an aspiration but a way of life.
How can I donate?
There are three ways you can donate to Common Ground through Connect to a Cause.
- Online on September 21 from 8am – 8pm
Donate to Connect to a Cause
- By Mail – Print this form and mail it to the Community Foundation or bring it by Common Ground on or before September 20, 2023. Checks and/or cash must be postmarked by Thursday, September 21 or delivered in person to the Foundation office (9080 Leavitt Road, Elyria, OH 44035) by 8:00 PM on September 21. If you bring a cash or check donation to Common Ground before September 21, we will hand deliver it to the Foundation office.
- By a Donor Advised Fund or IRA – Donor Advised Fund (DAF) and Individual Retirement Account (IRA) donations must include this form. While the DAF/IRA check will come from the DAF/IRA administrator, a copy of the DAF/IRA donation form must be received by email by 8:00 PM on September 21th.
To show our appreciation, donations of $10 or more will be put in a raffle to win either a canopy tour for two, or one week of tuition for our summer day camp!