Thank you for your interest in Common Ground Summer Camps!
Before applying for Financial Aid, please take the time to review this important information.
It is our desire that no child misses out on our camp adventure due to financial concerns. Thanks to the generous support of individuals and organizations who share this desire, we are able to offer financial aid to families in need. Please review the following information.
- Financial Aid is intended to offset a portion of the registration fee. However, those families that exhibit extreme circumstances may be considered for full scholarship.
- All applications will be considered based on need regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or religion.
- To be considered, all applications must be entirely and accurately completed.
- Common Ground may request additional documents to verify income.
- To be considered, we encourage your family to complete the application as soon as you can. All applications are to be submitted no later than 5/31/2019. Once we’ve depleted the financial support Common Ground has been given, we unfortunately have no more.
- Although we’ll accept application until 5/31/2019, our hope is to award all Financial Aid by 5/4/2019.
- All applications submitted will be grouped together by a specified date range shown below.
- Submitted applications will be reviewed and families will be notified one week after the last submission date of the group’s date range.
- If families are awarded Financial Aid, they’ll have two weeks from the Decision Dateto accept their award by completing the online registration for their children who are attending camp.
|Group Name||Submission Date||Decision Date||Reg. Deadline|
|Adventure||3/01 – 3/22||29-Mar||12-Apr|
|Radical||3/23 – 4/13||20-Apr||4-May|
|Buggy||4/14 – 5/05||12-May||26-May|
|Wild||5/06 – 5/27||3-Jun||17-Jun|
Example: If John Johnson submits an application on 3/11/2019. His family’s application will be reviewed & he’ll be notified via email on 3/29/2019. He’ll have until 4/12/2019 to register his children for camp.
At the time of registration, parents will be responsible for paying the remaining camp fees.
- If children aren’t registered within the above-mentioned time frame, the family has forfeited their awarded aid for the summer and understands the aid will be applied to another family.
- If children are registered for camp and they are unable to attend, I will notify Common Ground Summer Camps no later than one week before my children’s scheduled week starts so that my award can be transferred to another family.
Before applying it is important to take time to reflect on and prepare the following:
- How many children are you applying for?
- How many total weeks are you applying for?
- How much can your family pay for each week of camp you’re applying for? For example, Earth Camp costs $197 per week, my family can pay $127 per week.
- What is your 2018 Gross Annual Household Income?
There is a $10 application fee that you can later apply to your camp fees at the time of registration.