Season: Peak Season is May – September with additional guiding opportunities in Autumn and Spring.
Training: May 11 through May 17, 2020
Do you have a love of nature and a passion to guide participants on a thrilling adventure through the treetops? If so, we want to talk to you! As a zipline canopy tour guide, you are responsible for leading our participants on an exciting and informative adventure across ziplines, sky-bridges, and tree platforms while providing the highest level of professionalism and positive reinforcement. A willingness to share your knowledge and experiences with others, a passion to learn more, and an interest in working at heights is essential. Previous ziplining experience is not needed, and thorough training will be provided prior to employment. This is your chance to begin your career in the outdoor adventure industry!
- Arrive ready to work as scheduled.
- Inspect and document equipment and assist with pre and post tour tasks.
- Greet and pre-screen all participants, assist in creating a welcoming atmosphere.
- Guide potentially two to three 2.5 hour canopy tours per shift.
- Debrief experiences with fellow staff to make constructive improvements.
- Risk Management – responsible for the well-being of self and others.
- Adhere to current standards of the organization and industry.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong communication skills.
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture with many personalities.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Flexible schedule
- Successfully complete canopy tour guide training and verification.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Good physical health and between the rider weight limitations of 70 pounds and 250 pounds.
- Engaging and creative while speaking to groups of participants.
- Possess a keen attention to detail
- Ability to face stressful situations calmly and professionally.
- New Hire Bonus and Seasonal Bonuses!
- Flexible scheduling around other jobs and commitments
- First Aid/CPR training and certification provided
- Thorough, beginner-friendly Canopy Tour Guide training provided
- FBI/BCI criminal background check provided
- Possibility to train and work as a High Ropes, Teambuilding, and Tree Climbing Facilitator
NOTE: While the attempt was made to present an inclusive listing, other responsibilities may arise.