Season: Memorial Day – Labor Day with potential opportunities through Autumn.
Low Adventure Trainings: April 2020 (Specific Dates TBD)
High Adventure Trainings: May 2020 (Specific Dates TBD)
Are you an enthusiastic and friendly person that loves working with diverse groups of people in a natural outdoor setting? Team Building Facilitators are responsible for instructing and supervising a group of up to 16 participants through low adventure and high ropes activities focused on goal setting, trust, team building/team bonding, communication and personal growth in a collaborative environment. Facilitators will participate in setting up, facilitating and cleaning up after programs while maintaining a climate of positivity and security.
- Arrive ready to work as scheduled.
- Inspect and document equipment and program area pre and post use.
- Greet and welcome all participants and convey a clear description of program participation.
- Promote progression in activities matched to the ability and interest of participants.
- Lead by example and promote Challenge by Choice and One Voice Philosophy.
- Risk Management – responsible for the well-being of self and others; manage risks and group participation.
- Adhere to current standards of the organization and industry.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong communication skills.
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture with many personalities.
- Desire to work outdoors.
- Comfortable with working at heights of up to 25 feet.
- Ability to work with a diverse population/age groups.
- Flexible schedule.
- Must successfully complete the appropriate Adventure Training and of interest and verification.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be in good health, between 70 and 275 pounds and 4’10’.
- Must possess a keen attention to detail and the ability to remain calm and collected while facing stressful situations.
- First Aid/CPR Certification provided.
- FBI/BCI Criminal Background Check provided.
- Possibility to train and work as a Canopy Tour Guide and Recreational Tree Climbing Facilitator.
NOTE: While the attempt was made to present an inclusive listing, other responsibilities may arise.