Full Job Description
We help nurture the body, challenge the mind and renew the spirit of each individual to embrace who they are, to realize their potential, and to experience their connection to all things through innovative programs and vibrant experiences.
Common Ground – the Cindy Nord Center for Renewal has over 25 years of experience providing innovative programs focusing on Conscious Living for people of all ages to nurture and challenge their mind, body, and spirit. Conscious Living is about being connected to each other and nature, as well as being resilient to life’s challenges, while realizing one’s full potential.
Common Ground is home to summer day camps for youth, adult team-building programs, and custom-designed seminars. We have a top-rated zipline canopy tour open to the public, the proceeds from which are reinvested in our youth programs.
We are located on 30 wooded acres along the Vermilion River just 10 minutes west of Oberlin, Ohio.
Join the team of a mission-driven organization that has been promoting opportunities for individuals in Northeast Ohio to explore, learn, and grow, for nearly 30 years! Common Ground’s Lead Facilitator is primarily responsible for serving as our primary facilitator in carrying out programming, including zipline canopy tour, teambuilding, tree climbing, camps, and SEL instruction. In addition to directly working with participant groups, the lead facilitator will also be responsible for administrative tasks, especially in a client services role, receiving and responding to client inquiries and the group booking process. If the idea of a dynamic workplace that evolves with the seasons appeals to you, then please consider joining our team!
- Facilitate programs including zipline canopy tour, teambuilding, tree climbing, camps, and SEL instruction consistently with Common Ground’s Local Operating Procedures.
- Explore, research, and develop new programming opportunities that further Common Ground’s mission.
- Assist program managers in overseeing seasonal facilitation staff.
- Assist program managers in training staff and reviewing staff skills, as appropriate.
- Promote Common Ground’s mission, vision, and values to participants, clients, and staff.
- Customer Service
- Serve as first contact for clients sending inquiries to book programs.
- Proficient communication with customers and participants in person, by phone, email, and through social media.
- Work with school, corporate, and nonprofit clients for large group tour offerings, collaborating as needed with program managers.
- Collaborate with program managers regularly on seasonal staff observations, evaluations, and feedback, and meet regularly to keep updated on operations, upcoming events, and significant updates
- Collaborate with office manager on client inquiries regarding rentals and reservations using the Main Lodge meeting space
Bachelor’s Degree, especially in education or recreation management, or significant job experience in the field of experiential education or recreation/hospitality management
Industry experience, demonstrated by Challenge Course Practitioner Level 2 certification by an ACCT Professional Vendor Member, or equivalent experience.
Prior customer service experience in an independent and autonomous environment.
Experience with reservation management software (FareHarbor, Xola, etc.) preferred.
Proficient in basic computer skills (word processing, email, etc.) and able to gain proficiency in new software used for operations.
Compensation & Benefits
Employee health insurance, dental, and vision
Paid time off and sick time, plus annual holiday break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
Employee life insurance policy
Employer-sponsored professional development opportunities including workshops, certifications, and conferences
Estimated Time Commitment:
40 hours per-week average, with more hours in the summer offset by fewer hours in the winter.
Due to the nature of the industry and position, weekend hours are to be expected, along with occasional evenings and holidays. Flexibility will be needed to meet operational needs.
NOTE: While the attempt was made to present an inclusive listing, this job description does not cover the entire description of the roles, responsibilities and duties required for the Canopy Tour Manager. As the preparation for the season continues and launches, roles and responsibilities may change as necessary and at the direction of the Executive Director.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,600.00 – $37,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oberlin, OH 44074: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- group facilitation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply: https://www.indeed.com/job/lead-facilitator-8c56de41ab539156