We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager that will analyze every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
The goal is to enable the organization’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the organization’s objectives. This is a part-time, at-will, position (possibly 30– 40 hours a month initially, likely less as routine is developed).
- Provide timely financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the organization’s actual performance compared to the budget.
- Develop trends and projections for the organization’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Manage the preparation of the organization’s annual budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of organization finances is maintained.
- Be involved in the financial aspect of grant reporting
- Present financials at our monthly board meetings
- Work closely with Office Manager in a roll that provides accurate financial reports in a timely manner to the Executive Director and the Board
- Help evaluate the fee structure for all programs.
- Review the coverage of all insurance policies and obtain additional quotes on insurance (health, D&O, and liability)
- Pull financial report from our third party bookings/reservations systems.
- Work closely with Office Manager and Executive Director to assist in running payroll.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst (nonprofit background beneficial)
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the organization and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software (QuickBooks, ect.)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations, related to non-profits
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
NOTE: While the attempt was made to present an inclusive listing, other responsibilities may arise.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and references to Ken Fraelich at email@example.com