Do you find it a challenge to keep your focus on what’s essential? Is your connection to purpose clear? Are you showing up in your area of influence – whether that be in your work or in your personal life — in the most effective way?
Our Mindful Leadership series is designed to create more focused, productive and engaged leaders. By operating with intention, leaders can make more effective actions and decisions to create the outcomes they truly desire, for themselves and their organizations.
The Mindful Leadership Program is a six-month series of in-person sessions taking place at Common Ground once a month from August 2019 to February 2020. Each session is 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with breaks. Participants may attend any or all of the sessions in the series. Space is limited to 20 participants per session.
Each Mindful Leadership session is designed with experiential modules that support transformational learning, including knowledge transfer, embodiment exercises, silent reflection, group discussion, journaling and worksheets, breakthrough goal setting, action steps, tools, and practices.
In this program, you will:
- Learn how to use mindfulness methodologies to become a more effective leader in your area of influence and in your personal life.
- Discover how a mindfulness practice can support you to become the best possible version of yourself.
- Understand how to better achieve your desired outcomes by empowering yourself to be responsive (aware, alert, and in control of your behavior), rather than reactive.
- Experience how mindfulness practices create the patience, confidence, and trust you need to be an effective serving leader or influencer in the workplace or in your personal life.
- Gain specific tools and practices you can use in your daily life to help support your success.
- Shift your awareness to include the innate sources of knowledge and energy available to you.
- Realize new observations, new possibilities, and new actions to create the life outcomes you desire.
Who Can Benefit?
Adults (18 years or older) who desire to improve the way they show up, care for, and serve an area of influence by developing stronger awareness, self-responsibility, and purpose in their leadership and presence.
This series is appropriate for those who serve any size area of influence, whether a large corporation or department, or a small business or classroom, or any type of team, clients, or even family. As well, the Mindful Leadership Program is appropriate for individuals who do not necessarily identify themselves as a “leader” but feel committed to create the kind of life they want for themselves and others.
Meet the Facilitators
Harry Pepper, Ph.D. is a psychologist and the Director of Adult Programs at Common Ground – The Cindy Nord Center for Renewal where he has been developing and leading Common Ground’s Adult Programs for more than 10 years. Harry is also a senior consultant for telos institute, an organization focused on business strategy, leadership development, and change management. He also maintains a private practice at the Velvet Turtle Wellness Center in Oberlin, Ohio, has an international life coaching practice working with clients of diverse personal and business backgrounds, and is an experienced presenter on a wide range of topics including leadership, holistic and alternative healing approaches, shadow work, sexuality, relationship issues, and men’s issues. Harry has more than 20 years of experience providing individual, couples, and group therapy to a diverse population of clients.
Toni Kellar, NCC®, is the Founder and Director of Newsight Life, providing coaching and training programs for personal, group, and leadership development using ontological and somatic awareness to help clients transform struggles into successes. She served as Director of Programs and Curriculum at Newton Institute / Center for Serving Leadership teaching The Serving Leader Model® to a worldwide audience. She is a Newfield Certified Coach in Personal and Professional Mastery and has served in a variety of leadership roles for over 30 years. She is also the Founder and Director of Roots To Rhythm®, using drumming as a somatic tool for self, group, community, and leadership development, and is a Rhythm2Recovery and HealthRhythms trained facilitator. Her life’s work has been about enabling others to discover new perspectives in order to create new paradigms for a sustainable and intentional life.
- One Session: $209
- 6 Sessions: $169 per session $1014 total
- 5 Sessions: $179 per session $895 total
- 4 Sessions: $189 per session $756 total
- 3 Sessions: $199 per session $597 total