Zipline Canopy Tour Guide
Season: Peak Season is May – September with additional guiding opportunities through November.
Training: May 15 through May 22, 2019
We are seeking enthusiastic people with a love for the outdoors to join our exceptional staff. Guides are responsible for leading our participants on an exciting and informative zipline canopy tour experience, while providing the highest level of professionalism and positive reinforcement. A willingness to share your knowledge and experiences with others, a passion to learn more, and an interest in working at heights is essential. Previous ziplining experience is not needed, and thorough training will be provided.
- Arrive ready to work as scheduled.
- Inspect and document equipment and assist with pre and post tour tasks.
- Greet and pre-screen all participants, assist in creating a welcoming atmosphere.
- Guide potentially two to three 2.5 hour canopy tours per shift.
- Debrief experiences with fellow staff to make constructive improvements.
- Risk Management – responsible for the well-being of self and others.
- Adhere to current standards of the organization and industry.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong communication skills.
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture with many personalities.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Flexible schedule
- Successfully complete canopy tour guide training and verification.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Good physical health and between the rider weight limitations of 70 pounds and 250 pounds.
- Engaging and creative while speaking to groups of participants.
- Possess a keen attention to detail
- Ability to face stressful situations calmly and professionally.
- New Hire Bonus and End of Season Bonus Available!
- First Aid/CPR training and certification provided
- Thorough, beginner-friendly Canopy Tour Guide training provided
- FBI/BCI criminal background check provided
- Possibility to train and work as a High Ropes, Teambuilding, and Tree Climbing Facilitator
NOTE: While the attempt was made to present an inclusive listing, other responsibilities may arise.