Low Ropes Facilitator
Season: On-Call May 2018 – May 2019
Facilitators will instruct and supervise a group of up to 16 participants through a variety of experiential activities focused on goal setting, trust, teambuilding, communication and personal growth in a non-competitive environment. Facilitators will participate in setting up, facilitating and cleaning up after programs while maintaining a climate of positivity and risk management.
- Arrive ready to work as scheduled.
- Inspect and document equipment and program area pre and post use.
- Greet and welcome all participants and convey a clear description of program participation.
- Promote progression in activities matched to the ability and interest of participants.
- Lead by example and promote Challenge by Choice and One Voice Philosophy.
- Risk Management – responsible for the well-being of self and others; manage risks and group participation.
- Adhere to current standards of the organization and industry.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong communication skills.
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture with many personality types.
- Desire to work outdoors.
- Ability to work with a diverse population/age groups.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ability to remain calm and collected while facing stressful situations.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification (provided by the organization if needed).
- Must successfully complete Low Ropes facilitation training.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be in good health.
- Agree to a criminal background check in compliance with state law.
- Prior facilitation/group management is preferred.
NOTE: While the attempt was made to present an inclusive listing, other responsibilities may arise.