To further the mission of Common Ground Summer Camps through the development and management of program, human resource, financial, marketing, and strategic operations.
- Design, deliver, and evaluate camp program that meets the needs and interests of the camps target populations and ensure their delivery in a secure manner and of high quality.
- Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth.
- Annually seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program and staff.
- Develop and implement crisis and risk management procedures.
- Design and ensure delivery of programs and activities appropriate to the camper population.
- Collect and evaluate records; report and evaluate camp program and activity areas.
- Monitor budget for camp operations such as catering service, counselor supplies.
- Implement human resource management practices to recruit and retain seasonal staff.
- Recruit staff based on camper enrollment and program management requirements.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate seasonal staff.
- Manage property (equipment) development and maintenance needs to ensure stewardship of current resources and identification of future needs.
- Conduct annual assessment of property (equipment) and maintenance needs.
- Manages all program Specialists, Presenters, and Contracts are implemented to meet camp outcomes.
- Directly supervises all program Specialists and ensures lesson plans are properly prepared and implemented to meet camp outcomes and the abilities of the campers.
- Hosts all program Presenters and ensures their program runs smoothly.
- Manages Rental Contracts and interacts with all contracted Personnel to ensure all needs are met and understood.
- Oversee the daily operation of the summer camp including food service, program, business, camper and staff supervision, and parent engagement.
- Oversee the management of the food service delivery and storage area.
- Develop and oversee the business management functions of the camp including financial record keeping, office operations, parent engagement, etc.
- Oversee the systematic approach to data base management for campers and families.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups to ensure the enhancement of the camp operation.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Must be 25 years of age and demonstrate personal leadership and maturity.
- Two prior seasons of administrative or supervisory experience in an organized camp.
- Five (5) hours per year of professional development that addresses the camp’s needs related to American Camp Association’s core competencies.
- Must be proficient in data management & standard computer programming.
- Must have a desire and ability to be a role model, lead children in activities, and possess the ability to adjust in the moment.
- Must have current First Aid/CPR Certification (Provided by Common Ground if needed).
- Must complete a criminal background check in compliance with state law in a timely manner.
- Must have a willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather and be able to endure prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, and hiking.
- Must possess a keen attention to detail and the ability to remain calm and collected while facing stressful situations.
- Ability to work with a diverse population contributing to a positive and supportive team culture.
NOTE: While the attempt was made to present an inclusive listing, other responsibilities may arise.
Estimated 2019 Seasonal Commitment (Subject to change due to the demands of the season.)
- Pre-Camp Season (March 25 – April 28): 15 – 20 hours/week
- Camp Season (June 3 – August 9): 35 – 40 hours/week
- Post-Peak Season (August 10 – March 22, 2020): Hourly, as needed
NOTE: While the attempt was made to present an accurate depiction of the upcoming season, dates and potential working hours may change due to the demands of the season. If this occurs, the employee will be notified immediately.
Benefits and Perks:
- COSE Employee Benefits
- Discounts on Common Ground Programs and Events